Repair Services Guide
Broken but fixable — at least sometimes. That phrase seems to describe the gadgets, machines, equipment and technical marvels that fill modern homes (and offices). Not to mention what's going on with the house itself. Or, with the automobiles we drive. Centainly, problems with repair services of all kinds are among the top complaints received by consumer affairs organizations. But repair problems don't have to be your number one complaint.
The FoolProof Repair Services Guide provides basic strategies, tips, and information for making good repair decisions and getting good service in four basic categories: autos, appliances, computers, and TV and electronics. Our goal is to help you put your common sense and your toolbox to best use.
- Selecting an Auto Service Center
- Ten Tips for Getting Good Automotive Service
- Maintaining Your Vehicle Like New
- Automotive Service Contracts, a.k.a. Extended Warranties
- Using the Manufacturer's Technical Support
- Repairing Computers or Equipment Under Warranty
- Repair the Problem Yourself
- Selecting a Repair Technician or Shop
- Appliances—Repair or Replace?
- Selecting a Repair Service for Your Home Appliances
- Can an Extended Warranty or Service Contract on New Appliances or Computers Be a Good Value?